P.S. I originally wrote this post out a while ago so that’s why the water mark and style might be a little different .
Its AGirlNamedEgypt and today I’m doing a really cute and quite simple Room Decor Diy, I needed a new calendar and after searching Pinterest I came across ALOT of inspiration, I changed mine up a little for a more vintage frame and bright colours but feel free to do what ever you feel like to match your style 😄
What you will need
- 1 Large Photo Frame With a Removable Back , I think mine was 12″ x 16″ ? 😉
- 35 Paint Swatches, You can usually get these for free or very cheap from DIY / Paint Stores ( You may use any colours but I used colours that went down to pastel shades for a ombre look )
- Tape or Glue Stick
- White-Board Marker
Tip : You can use any colour frame you want but I painted mine with white acrylic paint then distressed it a little with a file as it gives a Vintage look 😉
1. Open the frame and take out the paper ( default picture) inside and Flip it over to the blank side for the background, Mine was an actual “picture” so I just covered it with White Paper ;-).
2. Next, measure a piece of paint swatch and cut it into a 3 and a quarter inches on each side square, Now continue cutting until you have 35 paint chip squares. ( I did 7 different colours in 5 different shades 🙂 )
Tip : Don’t worry about all the squares being perfect as I cut mine all slightly different / crooked and I really like the whole effect 😉
3. Lay out the paint swatches on the board. Arrange them by placing 5 paint squares for each day.
4. Cut scraps into rectangles to label the days of the week at the top of your calendar.
5. Either cello tape or Glue your swatches down , I found Glue gave me a cleaner look 😉
6. Once its dried place back inside the frame, Hang your Calendar anywhere you want a nice pop of colour and your done 😉
Now the glass acts as a white boards so you can just write on the glass with a wipe-able marker and when your done wipe off and re-do 😉
I hope you enjoyed and I’m happy to be back blogging after the last couple of weeks 😉
Till Next Time AGirlNamedEgypt xx