Its AGirlNamedEgypt and today I’ll be sharing with you a really yummy and easy recipe for double chocolate muffins 😉
What you will need
- 1 cup or 240ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 or 125ml cup oil ( I didn’t have any vegetable or sunflower oil on hand so I used 100g of melted margarine, Which did work but It does change the texture to a fudgy, Heavier muffin which we didn’t mind but I will be re-making them with oil and will update when I have )
- 2 Eggs ( Room temperature )
- 1 & 3/4 cup of Plain / Standard flour or 240g ( not pictured)
- 1/2 cup or 85g of White Sugar
- 1/4 or 35g Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 – 1 cup of Chocolate Chips, Buttons, Chunks ( Depending what you would like I went for 1 cup of Chocolate Buttons 😉 )
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C and prepare muffin or cupcake tin and fill with liners ( I’m using re-useable Silicon linners however paper ones will work but I froze these after baking them so I thought when defrosting the paper may stick and stuff to the muffin 😉 ).
- In a bowl mix well the eggs, oil ( Or Margarine, Butter ), milk and vanilla, I gave it a little whisk to incorporate everything as the margarine wasn’t fully mixing with the rest of ingredients.
- In a large bowl sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder then add the sugar, salt and choc chips and mix well.
4. Combine wet and dry mixtures ( Which I didn’t photograph ) and fold gently until just mixed, Then spoon into prepared pan 3/4 ways up I placed 2-3 choc buttons on top for extra chocolate 😉
5. Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 mins.
6 . Remove from pan and cool on rack.
7. They are delish warm and gooey but I froze them so we could have them the next day for school and I really enjoyed them room temperature and they are chock full of chocolate, YUMMY!
That was my recipe for ( If I do say so myself ) delish Double Chocolate Muffins 😉
I hope you enjoyed and If you do try them out, I would love to hear how they went below in the comments or you can post it to instagram using #agirlnamedegyptwhanau ( Whanau ( Pronounced Fa-Now or you can Google it to hear the pronunciation 😀 ) means Family in Maori ) and I’d love to see your recreations 😉
UPDATE : I remade the muffins using oil and it was very good, The texture was super fluffy and light, So just use what ever you have around 😉
Till Next Time AGirlNamedEgypt xx