Its AGirlNamedEgypt and finally I have sold the last three packets of plain girl guide biscuits ……………………… to myself 🐱 and to be honest the plain ones aren’t the best so I decided to be productive and turn it into something yummy and easy so here is my recipe for the Kiwi Classic Lolly Cake 😉
What you will need
- 1 Packet of Eskimo or Fruit Puff Lollies ( if you don’t have either just use any chewy , hard-medium, Marshmellowish, Fruit flavoured lollies )
- 1 Packet Girl Guides or Malt ( for the classic darker colour ) Biscuits, Aprox 250g
- 120g Butter
- 1/2 Can Sweetened condensed milk
1. Cut Eskimos ( or chosen candy ) into bite sized pieces and place into large bowl. ( Minus a few that the chefs mother stole >_< )
2. Melt butter and condensed milk over a gentle heat.
3. While Butter and Condensed Milk melts, Place biscuits into a plastic bag and smash with a rolling-pin into a fine crumb. ( Or use a food processor but you tell me which one’s more fun 😉 )
4. Mix all ingredients together, Form into a log shape or place in a prepared loaf tin.
5. Chill for 4 hours. Slice and keep in fridge until needed.
There we go guys my recipe for the Kiwi classic : Lolly Cake.
But I will say make sure to break biscuits into a fine crumb as I had a few lumps in mine but I didn’t actually mind as It added texture 😉
Till Next Time AGirlNamedEgypt xx
P.S as you might have guessed I forgot to take a picture of the combined mixture but just incase you’re wondering it’s a medium / doughy mixture 😉