Its AGirlNamedEgypt here and today im going to be sharing a recipe for apparently NZs best chocolate chip cookies ( according to this recipe book ).
Now I was reading through this pretty cool recipe book full of classic NZ recipes that my nana gave me and I found this recipe and its a similar recipe to the one my mum used to make when I was younger so I thought I would try the out and share them with you guys.
What you will need
- Salted or Unsalted Butter – 115g
- White Sugar – 55g
- Condensed Milk – 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Plain Flour – 170g
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Chocolate – 55g-75g, Chopped ( I’m using Dark but you could use milk or white )
Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Mixing and Baking
1. Cream the butter and sugar untill well mixed, Then beat in the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla essence.
2. In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients then work in the sifted dry ingredients and once you have a crumbly mass, Tip in onto the bench and knead it together with the chocolate and shape into a ball.
3. Take teaspoonfuls of the dough and set them on the bench, Once its is all divided up, roll each spoonful into a ball and place them on the baking tray.
4. Flatten them well with a fork dipped in water.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Rotate the tray half way through.
6. Cool on a rack and store airtight. Makes about 20 small cookies.
That was my Choc Chunk Cookie recipe, Hope you enjoyed!
My family really did and I will be differently re-making these in the future 😉
Till Next Time AGirlNamedEgypt xx
P.S. The pictures look a little different because my camera died after step 1 so i had to use my phone’s camera and its camera isn’t that good lol 😉