Its AGirlNamedEgypt here and today im going to be showing you how to make Caramel Slice, I made this for my dads birthday last week and thought that i would share the recipe.
This Recipe makes 20 squares or if you half each square into triangles 40.
So without further ado let’s get started.
What you will need
- 1 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 125g Salted or Unsalted Butter, Melted ( usually people use unsalted butter for baking but i like the salted butter with desserts personally )
- 2 Cups or Cans Sweetened Condensed Milk ( The cans i got where 395g each so i used 2 of those, Keeping 2 Table Spoons for a future post 😉 )
- 4 Tbsp Golden Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Salted or Unsalted Butter
- 150g Cooking Chocolate ( I’m using Dark But you could use milk or even white )
- 50g Salted or Unsalted Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 180c and Grease and Line a square or rectangular pan with baking paper, An easy way i find to line trays is to rub a little butter all around the tray then stick the baking paper to it and it sticks on pretty well. ( mine is 30 cm length wise, 20 cm width and 4 1/2 cm deep )
2. Combine Flour, Baking Powder and Brown Sugar in a large bowl and give it a mix together. Stir in the melted butter and press the mixture into the pan.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
1. Combine Sweetened Condensed Milk, Golden Syrup and Butter in medium saucepan. Cook over a low heat, Stirring constantly untill boiling, Continue cooking for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
2. Spread the Caramel mixture over the base, Then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
3. Let cool completely in pan.
1. Place cooking chocolate and butter in large glass bowl. Place in a Double boiler, Melt then spread over the cooled filing.
2. (Optional) You may want to make a pattern over the chocolate im using 3 colors of writing chocolate and making a zig zag pattern or you might not up to you )
3. Chill untill the chocolate is set, Then cut into squares or triangles using a warm knife. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tada That was my recipe for Caramel Slice, I hope you enjoyed.
Till Next Time AGirlNamedEgypt xx
P.S. I had originally planned to take a picture of all of them stacked in a pyramid shape but I forgot and by the time I remembered most of them were gone lol 😉