Its AGirlNamedEgypt here and today I’m going to be showing you how to make DIY Rose Bath Salts which makes a great Xmas Gift.
This recipe would make probably 6x 250ml bottles worth but I only had 3x 200ml bottles so I just kept some extra in an ice cream container.
Now lets Gather our Supplies
- 4 Cups Magnesium sulphate or more commonly known Epsom Salts.
- 2 Cups Milk Powder.
- Pink Food Colouring ( I would say use about 1/2 teaspoon but you may need more depending on how pink you want it to be, Also it will make bath water pink but it shouldn’t stain )
- Dried Rose Petals ( You can buy already Dried Petals or you can check out my last post on How to Make your own Dried Rose Petals )
- Rose Essential Oil or Rose Fragrance ( I would say use about 2-4 Teaspoons worth depending on how strong scented you want it to be )
- Plastic or Disposable Gloves ( Not Pictured )
- Mini Milk bottles or Jars with Lids ( I got some from the $2 Shop )
- ( Optional ) Ribbon and Labels
Put the Epsom Salts and Milk Powder in a large bowl. Stir well, Then add Food Colouring.
Work the colouring into the salts with your hands – it may take a while to get an even colour.
Add your Rose oil and stir well. Depending on how strong your oil is, you may have to add a bit more to get the scent you prefer.
Stir in Dried Rose Petals, Then transfer to mini milk bottles or jars.
Screw the lids on tightly
Step 6 ( optional )
Before you start you may want to add labels or instructions, For Example ” Add a generous handful to a running bath and stir well “. After you transfer your bath salts to your bottles you may even want to add a Ribbon to the top.
I think that these would make a great gift and because it makes so much you could always keep some for yourself 😉
Till Next Time AGirlNamedEgypt xx